Should It Stay or Should It Go?

Monday, November 24, 2008

An Aside

I've been out of SISOSIG? circulation for a little while (has it really been a month?). I'm on track to correct that soon - I, like, totally promise.

In the meantime, Idolator caught my eye with a good think piece on negative music criticism:
http://idolator.com/5097276/the-rainbow-connection-are-music-critics-too-tolerant

I pretty much agree with the writer wholeheartedly. And I'd add that in the instances where a critic does actually write and publish a negative review, the negativity itself can be a kind of positive subject (or maybe just a stunt). From my own background, I'm thinking of a negative review I once wrote of a Fugazi album (End Hits) that came from a place of genuine love for the band - I thoroughly dig/dug them, and so my pan was born of really, really wanting to like the album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home